Sunday, August 17, 2008

a hiking we will go...

Today we hiked a most beautiful trail called Rattlesnake Ridge. When Mike told me the name of the place we were heading, I instantly wanted to say, "will there be a lot rattlesnakes there?" But for once, I was able to ignore my inner neurotic and just enjoy the day. After all, my studly man was there to protect me if there were. So, with two of my favorite boys and Polly in tow, we trekked up and around this scenic mountain. Stopping only to greet and wave to the hundreds of other people and dogs that had decided to join us. I hadn't realized that we sent out a memo on the place to be that day! But crowded or not, this is a hike that I highly recommend. So grab your kids and dogs and go join the masses. You'll be thrilled that you did!

*sidenote* When I did finally ask the snake question, the answer was no. There are not a ton of a rattlesnakes there. If any at all.



No comments: