Friday, August 1, 2008

mama mia

I can't say how thrilled I am that my mom has chosen to live in the United States again! I have seen my mom 3, yes - that's !three! times since June! That is again, THREE times in that last two months. That truly might be as much as I've seen her in the last two years. And anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely adore my family. So this is quite exciting!

So here's the story... Monday afternoon at work, I see I have a voice mail. Who might it be from, I wonder to myself. By golly, it's my mom - and she has asked me to call her. But not in her usual way when she just wants to say hello. It actually sounds kind of ominous, "Lisa, it's your mom. I need to talk to you, so please give me a call as soon as you get a minute." Of course I call her back instantly. She asks me if I would mind if she comes on Wednesday. Of course not! I'd be thrilled to have you home on Wednesday. And then I pause, realizing she might just possibly mean the day that comes after tomorrow. Excitement washes over me. "I think you should come on Tuesday", I say. And that's all it took. I picked my mom up from the airport on Tuesday night after her flight was delayed due to rain in Seattle (nice). We hung out for a couple of hours, went to bed and drove to Tacoma the next morning to pick her Mini up after a long boat ride from Europe. She was able to spend the day with Mackenzie and her beau, Vince, while waiting for us to get off of work. Wednesday night we all went to dinner at possibly THE best pizza place in Seattle, Santorini's (I highly recommend it). And came home to watch a chick flick and head to bed. My mom left the next morning and for a second it felt like she was possibly just going to her house a couple of minutes away... even if it is a couple of states away now. It's better than oceans. Thanks for coming over, Mom!

*Sad side note* Mackenzie left with her to spend the next couple of weeks with her dad again. I can't wait until their summer break is over and all my babies are back home. Below is one of my favorite pictures of Macky. She is such a beautiful girl.










*Fun side note* We just purchased the campground tickets for our upcoming Jack Johnson concert at the Gorge!! I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this sold out concert!!

No comments: