Monday, September 1, 2008

a moment of reflection

Labor Day weekend every year provides a fake sort of date to say "we've lived here __ years now." It's not that we moved down here on that weekend, but it came just shortly after. One of the first things I remember is laying on my newly made bed (in my living room) after getting my little baby kidlets tucked in and hearing Wyclef Jean in the background from that year's Bumbershoot festival. At that moment I thought simultaneously "this is so amazing" and "what the heck am I doing?"

Not a day goes by that those two thoughts don't go through my head. And in the end all I can say is "wow - we've come a long way, baby".


6 years.

Thank you to everyone who's been supportive and loving through the good, the bad and the ugly. But mostly the amazing. And who knows where we'll be in 6 more years. All I know is that even then I'll still be thinking "this is so amazing" right along with "what the heck am I doing?".

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One thing you've done in this six years is make me the happiest guy in the world. And six years from now we will be exactly where we are supposed to be :) I'm so glad you came and created this amazing family... I love you more every day!