Wednesday, February 25, 2009

welcome to the world

Today one of my new best friends came into the world.

I called my husband with such excitement that I could
barely even get it out. All I could do was cry.

Correction: I wept.

I cried for the amazement and the beauty of this life. I c
ried because in some sense (although the roles are typically reversed) I felt as if my own children were having a baby. I cried for new beginnings and knowing that life moves on - regardless of what came before. And I cried for the happiness that ultimately overwhelmed me because there couldn't be two more beautiful and deserving parents who have worked so hard to get to this day.

So welcome to the world, Finley Bridger Burt.

You are a lucky little man.

And we
love you.

And we love you, Jenn and Bridger, so much.












And congratulations to little Ella too! You're a big sister!! We love you too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Burt family!
Love Dani Rae