Saturday, October 4, 2008

there's always a first...

Today was a very exciting day in our house. It's a day we've been looking forward to for some time. It was Mike's first Cyclocross race. He had prepared his bike, gotten his gear, taken classes, researched and practiced for months now. It was hard to believe it was actually time.

We got to the race and the weather was just right for a Seattle race. Drizzly without being miserable. But the course was mucky and quite miserable. I heard a number of people saying it was one of the more technical ones they've seen in a while. It wound through the trees, up and down the hills, with lots of corners and tons of jumps. A crazy one to start with - but I don't think he would have wanted it any other way.

And Mike looked nervous. And I felt excited. And his dad looked giddy. It was great.

I can't really do it justice to talk you through the race. All I can say is that this man amazes me. Just doing this, took unbelievable guts. But then to do it so well, well that just took skill. I'm just so proud.

With that, here's some pictures for you to enjoy.


1 comment:

Eileen said...

Great pictures. John sure enjoyed the time!