Sunday, November 9, 2008

not much to say

Due to the craziness that tends to be everyone's life these days, it's easy to go 12 days without blogging and not even realizing it! But it's okay, since not much really happened in those days anyways. Unless you consider this news:

- I've started a weekly pilates class with my best friend on Thursday nights. I've found in this that A: I'm out of shape. B: I like to have my mat behind Mike so I can see his... behind. C: I am really bad at it. Just when you think you've mastered a move, you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror to see that you look like that kid in gym class trying to do a cartwheel that ended up doing a faceplant instead. D:
I love having dates with Mike. Even if they are only an hour long. And that we need to do more of these.

- It was Halloween and we now have a TON of chocolate that I'm constantly driving by and having "just one".

- We got a new dog named Charlie! He's a Chihuahua mix and he's super weird. There is now a constant pissing match with Polly on who actually rules this house. Pissing included. Nooot happy about that part but loving the new addition to the family!

- I voted for and was witness to one of the most amazing moments in recent American history. Thank you America and thank you Obama! You have renewed my faith.
(I have read too many great articles to begin to try to describe my feelings on this. If you want to read a good one though, check out my honey's blog at Mud, Sweat and Beers (listed to the right). He's a much better writer than I!)

- I got an obsene text message picture of my brother wearing the Borat swimming suit we got him for Christmas last year. Followed by a text message from my mom asking if I was responsible for this. Ummm... yes, kinda. I am half tempted to post it on here for all the world to see. Believe me, it definitely gives you a good chuckle.

- My daddy had knee surgery and is doing well, which makes me happy! Wish I was there to take care of him! As I told him, much to his confusion, I still need to send him a box of sausage. Then all will be right with the world.

- The boys of the house took the train to Portland and are having man time this weekend. (insert a manly grunt and growl here) I'm super excited to hear how it went! I get to pick them up in T minus 4 hours at the station.

- And I found out that I get to go to Vegas on Tuesday for work!! (the crowd goes wild) I've never been and truly feel like the last person in the world to go - so this is very exciting! (again, the crowd goes wild)

And that's it! Told you nothing much happened!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

A big week indeed! Have fun in Vegas