Thursday, November 13, 2008

vegas, baby

Oh my goodness!! I knew if I was patient, my time would come. And the last two days it certainly did! I GOT TO GO TO VEGAS!!! Granted, I was only there for about two minutes. But it was a spectacular well-lit two minutes!!

I got in early Tuesday and went straight to my room to meet up with my friends/co-workers that I would be traveling with. We wer
e all sharing a room at the Pallazzo, which is an absolutely stunning and luxurious resort. They had gotten there on Monday but I opted to come on Tuesday due to a school function I needed to attend for the high schoolers. We worked hard all day and then went out to the dinner at the famous celebrity-draw, Tao. The food was spectacular and the wine was flowing. We finished up there and deliriously walked our way down to the Bellagio. Stopping to ooooh and aaaah at all the marvels we saw. Once we arrived at the Bellagio, we had dessert in the restaurant right behind the fountains. What a view! We shared three uber fattening fabulous things (I only say "things" because I don't know what any of them were) and a bottle of bubbly. It was enough sugar to get us motivated again to walk back the way we came. A little faster than before. We made it back to the hotel and poured ourselves into bed, knowing we had a lot of work ahead of us the next day. We talked until we fell asleep - about Vegas, boys and the strippers that had danced on our table. KIDDING!! It was actually about work, strategy, exciting new products and dreams for the future.

The next morning we jette
d back down to the expo and decided to split up. We had a lot of ground to cover and only five more hours to do so. I think it was successful though. We all met up afterward with so much loot and so many samples that I had to carry on all of my clothes in order to check a bag busting full of moisturizers and treatments. We made it to the airport in time to grab a bite and hop on our plane, where I bought one last drink to commemorate my big adventure.

Although it's not like most people's crazy Vegas experience, it was the perfect one for me. I got some sun, laughed alot and learned a ton. What more could a hard working girl ask for?

Now all that's left to do is say "Thanks".

Kate and I at the Venetian






My view while having dinner at Tao








I thought the guy with the accordian
was hot





The Pallazzo (our hotel)






The Bellagio (where we had dessert - right behind those fountains)

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Looks like a great, yet short trip. Love the guy waving behind you in the picture.