Friday, November 14, 2008

in the spotlight

I've always said that one of my big dreams is to make a no name cameo appearance on Saturday Night Live. It just seems like such a fun experience. Picture it:

They're all there - Chris Farley in a tutu. Chevy Chase in a baby blue tuxedo with ruffles down the front. Joan Cusack and Anthony Michael Hall are hand in hand wearing matching head gear. Sarah Silverman is holding hands with the Church Lady along with all of the other greats such as Adam Sandler, Bill Murray, Amy Poehler, David Spade, and Eddy Murphy. I could go on for pages naming all the big names on that stage, but that's not important. What's important is that they are all there. And they are singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler. And then the crowd parts and it's my big solo *every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by* and they all sing *turn around bright eyes* and it goes on like this until something totally off the wall happens - allowing us to pause and me to say those beautiful words "ladies and gentleman - it's SATURDAY NIGHT!"

So today was my big chance. I was actually on TV! And it was nothing like that. But it was my time to be in the spotlight. I did a 4 minute clip with Jane on holiday tips and gift ideas. And oh how it felt like 30 minutes and 30 seconds all at the same time. A rush surged through me and although it was only our local network, something inside of me wanted to sing out "every now and then I fall apart".

1 comment:

Mike said...

I'm going to find a way to smuggle this video clip onto your blog. It's so awesome! -mikey