Monday, December 8, 2008

spirit week

Today Payton was very excited for the first day of spirit week. Today's theme was pajama day. She was so cute! She planned all weekend about what exactly she would wear each day to school. She got up early and took too long getting ready. She wore her bright pink footy pajamas and a fluffy eye pillow for a head band. She even packed a pair of pajamas for her best friend to wear (since she didn't really have anything at her house).

Due to the extensive primping, we ended up being about 10 minutes late for school. Yikes!! But her teacher is very laid back and I knew it'd be okay. As she walked into the school, waving to Mackenzie and I, Macky turned to me and said - what if it's not really pajama day? Oh, it's pajama day, I assured her. And if it's not, Payton will call me and I'll bring her real clothes.

Well that night, when I got home from work, I came in to ask about her day and help to plan for the upcoming twin day. In a very nonchalant way she says - oh mom, you don't have to worry about twin day. Spirit week is actually next week.

!!!

Come to find out, my sweet little girl not only showed up fully dressed for pajama day on the wrong week - but she also showed up late, finding out her class was in the auditorium for some sort of assembly. Meaning she had to walk into the auditorium, all gussied up in her bright pink kitty cat pajamas to find out she was the only one!! I think the one thing that saved her was her best friend - who agreed that she too would wear the pajamas Payton had brought for her.

Oh the horror!! But aren't these the stories that end up shaping us in the end? I was amazed by how unconcerned she was. What a champ!

No comments: