Monday, January 5, 2009

you can't handle the truth

Typically I probably wouldn't post something like this on my blog, but because I LOVE a survey and my husband not only did it but also challenged me to do the same, I can't just let it go. Plus, it is my blog and the rules are made as I go. Whether you actually read it is another story...

Now onto this thing about "mememe". Apparently what you have to do is simply tell the truth. Ten times. About anything. Hmmm... what exactly is it that you all want to know? I mean, I'm a pretty open book and tend to talk quite a bit as it is. So I can't imagine there are many secrets here. But I'll try to find a couple little bits (in no particular order) for your reading pleasure.

1 - Heights - There was this one time when I was little that I peed my pants on the ferris wheel. Since that time I've had a pretty good fear of heights. I don't really think it's the actual elevation that bothers me, but more the horror of having to walk past another group of people with pee in my corduroy pants.

2 - Five Dollars - There's something about purchasing things that are 5 dollars and under that make me justify it as not really counting. Like the shirt I'm wearing right now. It was 5 dollars. Didn't count. Or that coffee that I bought that was 3 dollars. Didn't count. Let's not forget about the ball of cookie dough I suddenly needed while walking down the street. A buck fifty. Didn't count. But I assure you that all of those things did indeed count.

3 - Cheese - It's a passion for me. I have a love for cheese that is definitely considered unhealthy. I've been known to spend much more than five dollars on a hunk (mmm... the kind with cranberries in it) and eat it all in one sitting.

4 - Teen Parenting - I was a teen mom. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I was barely 16 years old when I became a mother. I don't tell all of my clients this fact. I only let them guess at my age, making them quite crazy. And it's not that I'm embarrassed. It's more that I don't really want to hear their opinion on the topic. Everyone has one. Heck, even I do. I see a young mom now and think "ohmygoodness" and then I remember that was me and feel a little ashamed to pass such a judgement. So really, what it comes down to is that I'm quite proud of what little things I've managed to accomplish, that I don't want to hear about how I'm some sort of a statistic, or spend a bunch of time answering the same questions. Yes, it was hard. Yes, I have made mistakes. No, I wouldn't change it for the world.

5 - Bananas - I don't like them. Strangely, I can't remember ever eating one.

6 - OCD - The hypochondriac in me has done a self diagnosis to determine that I suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder. I even tried convincing my doctor. She didn't believe me. But really - I check my outlets at least a dozen times before I leave the house. All of them. Even the ones that haven't been used. I uncover all of the vents. I twitch my nose. I sniffle. I wash my hands and then I go ahead and wash them again. If I'm not OCD then I'm definitely another kind of crazy.

7 - Mustache - I have one. Sometimes if I let it grow out, I can twist the ends in my fingers while I'm deep in thought. 'Nuff said.

8 - Seattle - Quite possibly one of the coolest places to be and most definitely the most beautiful place you could possibly live. Always something to do and a million new exciting trends right at your fingertips. But it is sucking my soul away from me a little bit more each day. *breathe*

9 - Crush - I have a HUGE crush on my husband. I fall in love with him more every single day. I truly think he hung the moon.

10 - Sleeve - I wish I had a half tattoo sleeve. Yes - I wish it was colorful and fabulous and everything I wore complemented it. Unfortunately, I have neither the time or money to put into such a venture. (You're all probably thinking that's pretty fortunate!)

and one for the road - Celine Dion - she sings one of my favorite songs - something that Mighty and I once coined the rummy song. Something I could only admit to a true friend.

So there you have it folks! I'm not going to name anyone who needs to follow suit as I don't know that anyone really reads this. So if you want to play the game - please do and let me know your truths!


3 comments:

Eileen said...

I read it! You always do a great job...I am still debating whether I will do the 10 truths

Anonymous said...

You have to do it! It was actually pretty fun!

Anonymous said...

so i started writing from the bottom of my heart.... and my laptop died-damnit! So to add to this.....we are so greatful, and yeah, i am speaking from the Montana crew, that we get to be apart of your life in so few, or many words. And I am so greatful to feel the closeness that i do, just in your words! As i was saying, this is truely, in all honestly, the most heart warming post, i have to say. We are truely two totally different people-but sometimes it scares me to see little things that make us so alike-Weird! I have the one of the best gifts of all, that i am so much a part of you, growing up,and in later math. in reality....these are so things i would say, but would never think of such truth! If this does not make any kind sense, the tears are thick!! i have the "greatest gift of all", Lisa as my best friend, my rockin blood cuz and the best sista a chick should share her BIRTH date with!!! I love you baby! I will reveal such of the "truth" to in later words---i think i wrote a novel on a diferent subject!! and were you drinking when you wrote this??? LOL Love ya