Saturday, January 3, 2009

this time I'm doing it a little differently

So here I sit - alone in a hotel room in Spokane. Waiting to pick up my little baby girls from their holiday visit to Montana. If anyone knows me, they know I trek to Spokane quite regularly to do these switches with their other family. And once I get to Spokane, I turn straight back around and head to Seattle. This trip is not an easy one by any means. Typically it's 11 hours on the road - sometimes longer. And I probably do this at least a dozen times each year. Well this year, we are having a crazy winter in the Pacific Northwest. So the fact that I'm driving alone already scares me - no matter what length of time it is. So I made a game time decision to drive to Spokane, stay the night and then head back tomorrow. I have to say I'm just thrilled I opted to do so. It took me about two hours longer to do the drive to begin with. So tomorrow I'm hoping the girls will arrive right about the time I check out of my hotel. Then I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to make the trek back home - in mostly daylight hours. And I have to say, as bored as I am at this very minute, I think it was a good decision. And I think it'll be more the norm in the upcoming year.

So in tribute to my alter ego - a lady trucker...

1 comment:

Mike said...

Haha, awesome post. I'm glad you're taking a little extra time for this one... my lady trucker!