Tuesday, August 11, 2009

i'm back, bitches!!

Wooo!!

I'm back! And after playing outside (a lot) and drinking bee
rs (a lot) and margaritas (also a lot), I'm ready to go ahead and start writing again. I just needed a little bit of a break.

So, here's a short list of what's been happenin':
  • we found a house and decided to move - to Tacoma!
  • the kids finished school and are now officially starting 4th grade, 10th grade and 11th grade. Damn, I'm old!
  • the girls went to Montucky to visit with the fam
  • we packed our house and everything we've known for nearly four years
  • we had a righteous garage sale where we sold half of the aforementioned stuff
  • we moved (with the help of our fabulous son, fabulous daughter's boyfriend, and fabulous parents - of the John and Eileen clan)
  • we blew up Tacoma (literally, with fireworks - as my husband got reprimanded from the neighbors and police in our first official week of living here). Who knew it wasn't legal?!
  • we said to heck with the boxes and headed to Montana as well
  • we played, hiked, relaxed, fished, ate and danced the nights away
  • we learned how to play spoons
  • Mikey ran a m a r a t h o n - yeah, you heard me - a marathon. Stud.
  • back to work, back to boxes, back to making a new love nest and exploring our new 'hood (here is where I will briefly mention how rad our new 'hood is and how much I love making this new nest)
  • we whooped it up at the nostalgia drags
  • we rode bikes
  • we rode bikes
  • we rode bikes
  • we cut ourselves off from our much loved meat wrapped in meat diet. But not to worry, we still get one meat day per week.
  • we kept on playin' in Tacoma
  • we took off to Seaside for the beach volleyball tournaments where we camped, drank, and also whooped it up.
  • i decided to bring back the blog
So you see, it hasn't been a totally wasted summer. I haven't been neglecting you to merely sit on the couch and eat bon bons. No, I was working on living.

So can we please start right where we left off and pretend we never had this little falling out? Good. 'Cuz I'm really going to need your support if I'm ever going to get rid of this beer belly I've acquired in the last couple of months... And I may have learned a few things. So stay tuned for my next post on why it's imperative that you hit every slip and slide you come across.

above: whooping it up

3 comments:

Mike said...

The blog is back! Prepare for a drop in household productivity! Only kidding :) Now I can go back to my old habit of checking your site every day to find out what the heck we've been up to. It will help with all those blackouts I've been having. Seriously, though... keep 'em coming. I love the way you write and the things you write about. And I love you! *smooch* - The Hubby

Brianna said...

Welcome back!
Can't wait to be filled in on the slip-n-slide!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! i have checked wekely, yes, was finally on a schedule for the lelovely life blog-the only thing that i check regularly!!!! Great to have you back, i sure missed ya :) Love Rae