Thursday, August 14, 2008

exploring gig harbor

Today after work, I was the luckiest girl in the world. Well, the parlor at least. :) I don't really know why it is, but if your husband/boyfriend/significant other decides to come to your work to see you - everybody stops. Everyone is quiet. They all check him out and the both of you together. They all introduce themselves while silently wondering why their husband/boyfriend/significant other isn't visiting them at work. It's a funny thing. I've been there many a times. But this time, it was my man who came!

And he came specifically to spend the evening with me exploring the little town I've been working in for over a month. I knew we definitely needed to do so. I had driven the 100 mile round trip to Gig Harbor everyday and never even ventured on one other street. Who even knew what was out there?

After a little bit of searching, we settled on a much loved town favorite called The Tides. Heck, I loved it much as well! We had a perfect outdoor seat right on the water overlooking our huge plate of nachos and the few drinks in our hands. My friend Patien
ce and her friend Quinton even showed up to join us. We were having a blast. And then for some reason, we all looked around and realized that every person in there was staring at us? What the heck? We weren't jumping up and down in our seats. Okay, maybe a little bit. And we weren't laughing so hard we nearly peed. Well, maybe that too. Okay, we didn't even have a photo shoot at the table. Well, actually we did. But isn't that what you do with your friends? Eat, drink and be merry? Heck yes it is!

So what night should we aim for next week? ;)









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I love Gig Harbor and we have always loved The Tides